I made this Christmas Flapjack for the Food Blogger Cookie Swap and it tasted bloody good!
I’ve been reading a lot about how bad fructose is for you and since I knew I’d “try” some of the flapjack, I thought it was wise to limit the amount of fructose in them.
Have a go for yourself, I think they’re delicious.
Ingredients for Low Fructose Christmas Flapjack
200g butter, softened
100g pure maple syrup
150g light soft brown sugar
325g porridge oats
80g pumpkin seeds
40g dried cranberries
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C, fan 150°C. Line a 31 x 21cm baking tin with baking parchment
2. Put the mixed seeds, cinnamon and ground ginger into a large bowl and mix well
3. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Stir in the maple syrup and sugar, and simmer until it’s mostly dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the porridge oats and pupkin seed/cinnamon/ginger mix.
4. Spoon into the tin and bake for 35 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and score into approx. 16 squares using a knife. Leave to cool in the tin.