Spending Ban Results: #100daysnospend

So, I did it! 100 days spending ban…complete!  (click that link to see the original post)

No skincare, makeup, clothes, shoes or bags for just over 3 months. I already had far too much of all of that and figured I needed to not buy anything new to help use up all that I had.

Hands up who thought I wouldn’t manage it?? Yes, that’s quite a few of my friends and family. I was very committed though and was determined not to break the spending ban. For around 80% of it, I actually found it pretty easy, it felt like a release…I didn’t feel like I was missing out. The other 20% was the few weeks leading up to the end…my Pinterest lust list was filling up and I wanted to buy a few things.

So, Saturday (my first day of buying freedom) came very gladly. My first purchases included some Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow and lipstick and some tanning goodies for my very pale legs.

Spending Ban

I’m currently on ASOS buying a few things that were in my saved items. We’ll see how I do for the rest of this month…I’ve actually budgeted, which I’ve not had a great track record of. This week I also got rid of twenty pairs of shoes and a whole black bin liner full of clothes. All going to St. Gemma’s Hospice Shop in Chapel Allerton tomorrow. I’m feeling pretty proud of myself and hopeful for a more balanced approach to spending.

Maybe I’ll run with a spend for a month, no spend for a month rule….I’ll have a think.



  1. April 12, 2015 / 6:00 pm

    WOW. Girl you have guts. I am such a sucker for online shopping that I would reeeeeally struggle with this. I would love to give it a go for a month though, see how I get on!
    Bee xxx
    Bee xxx

    • Digital Diva
      April 12, 2015 / 6:15 pm

      Do it Bee! I’m really glad I did it 🙂 xx

  2. April 13, 2015 / 10:40 am

    hurraahh to the end!! You did so so well sweetie! can’t wait to see your asos order.. bet its gunna be full of goodies!XX

  3. Upset neighbour (it's really Charlotte)
    April 25, 2015 / 9:18 pm

    You cannot chuck out clothes without letting me rifle through them first like Stig. You just can’t.

    • Digital Diva
      May 4, 2015 / 3:45 pm

      Haha! Love ya Charlotte xx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.