One of my favourite blogs to read is Amy Elizabeth’s (she’s intelligent, writes really well and is insightful). She posted We’d Probably Be Friends If… (she got the idea from Ashley) and I thought it was a great idea! So, I’m carrying on the baton. It’s like a blog relay team of errr…friendship. Or something like that.
I’m very lucky to have some amazing friends. I don’t have a lot of family, so my friends have become my family. Some of my friends have helped me a great deal when my parents died, they’ve helped me….each in their own way….through some difficult times. Here are a few of them (there are people that are missing, but these were the piccies I had to hand):
I have friends that I’ve known since the age of 4, friends that I’ve worked with for 15 years and newer friends that are just as important to me. Friendships can be very fulfilling, they can also be treacherous. I’m sure we’ve all had our fair share of fallings out etc. and I’ve definitely had one or two very very painful experiences with close friends. That’s life though, isn’t it? We’d never appreciate the light without the dark. I learn a lot from my mates…they are very varied and have many different interests and lives – most have qualities that I really respect, but I don’t necessarily have. I admire and cherish every one of them and I wouldn’t be the person I am now without them.
We’d probably be friends if….
- You love dessert – in fact, you plan your meal backwards from it when you go out for a meal
- You’re a gadget hoarder
- You like investigating new things to see how they work and what they do, then you get bored and move onto something different
- Your wardrobe is of the “walk in” variety….and messy as hell!
- You love your camera – whether it’s seriously or just taking the best pics you can with what you have
- Sometimes you want to eat just popcorn for dinner (you know who you are……Sally)
- You’re a creative type…but you’re not toooooo wacky (I need to be able to understand you)
- You over-share in social media
- You have mild autistic tendencies
- You’re a musician / into breakbeat, dance music…..but also secretly love 80’s pop
- 80’s films (e.g. Back To The Future) are the best films…like, ever
- Food is something to be enjoyed….a lot
- You’re intelligent. I don’t mean necessarily academic….it’s all about how your brain works, innit
- You’re strong – in life and in opinions
*raises a glass to friends*